Ropetown

Is wheel a curse?
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:47 pm 
Ropetown

Verdy wrote:
so do you think having items be different costs for different class would help? Seems it may, but it'd be a pain...

I think if it's going to even, it will have to be that way.

Really should just remove ranged slot item from dkp for anyone other than hunters. Would make it easier to balance the numbers with just the weapon slots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:28 pm 
Ropetown

vulture wrote:
2. Any dkp you gained 2 months ago and whored is forgotten about -- if you didnt spend it, you lose it. This discourages lootwhoring where you are completely worthless for an entire raid zone while you wait for the 19th boss's heroic mode loot to drop and just raid in full ulduar gear in the mean-time.

haha, can't say i like this based on the fact that i was just waiting for FIVE different items to drop in the last two months and not a single one did

getting RNG fucked should count for something

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:23 pm 
Ropetown

makes sense its not like any war/rog will take a ranged for stats over a hunter that needs it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:04 am 
vulture + lyra = shmoopy

Gape wrote:
vulture wrote:
2. Any dkp you gained 2 months ago and whored is forgotten about -- if you didnt spend it, you lose it. This discourages lootwhoring where you are completely worthless for an entire raid zone while you wait for the 19th boss's heroic mode loot to drop and just raid in full ulduar gear in the mean-time.

haha, can't say i like this based on the fact that i was just waiting for FIVE different items to drop in the last two months and not a single one did

getting RNG fucked should count for something

and in the mean-time you were worthless? :D :D :D j/k <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:23 pm 
Ropetown

I am sure whatever you guys come up with work just fine. People need to realize no matter which method you go with, SOME people will always feel cheated/neglected/skipped whatever.

The only things I have personally been apart of in this game is/was;
Loot Council~ Consisted of 5-7 People who would vote regarding recent loot gained, attendance, attitude, skill. Worked fine most of the time. Long process per boss during new content.

Ropetowns DKP~ I came late into the content with most if not all loot drops my class needed for mainspec, so I honestly never really saw how it works. But seems speedy and accurate.
I noticed almost everyone is -DKP...why or how this is I don't understand but again not really worried about how loot goes out.

My only suggestion is the suicide list for tokens. Tanks should get priority (if everyone feels they need it also to handle the content) but with that said blizz also said bosses wont be 2 shotting tanks if they get no heals, and wont one shot raid members for the most part. More or less people will be dying to avoidable damage, and other omg don't stand there mechanics. I digress, Suicide list how it was, was annoying how person A could stay at the number one slot even tho they went afk for weeks. They come back for a Tuesday raid 3 weeks later and get a token instantly. My suggestion would be to do a list like this.

Conq token
1.Shaladen
2.VX
3.Cruel
4.Verty
5.Flay
so on and so on

Shaladen misses a token drop. (afk, rl, power out, dog ate my internet, whatever)
VX receives token.
1. Cruel
2. Shal
3. Verty
4. Flay
5. BCJ
so on and so on

So maybe something like every token you are away for you get skipped, plus drop 1 rank.

TL;DR

Every token drop a person is absent for they obviously get skipped. But also drop down 1 position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:04 pm 
Ropetown

I really don't care about loot that much. I liked loot council in my old guild, but i'm sure there was drama I didn't see.

The thing I liked most about loot council was that it would usually go to the person it was the biggest upgrade for. Most of the time it was going from a 258 -> 277 or 264-> 277, but it wouldn't really matter either way.

Loot council for trinkets is a really good idea b/c it can cover that.

I like the system as it is now (LK on trinkets that REALLY matter, DKP for random offpieces that are a stepwise improvement, and tier pieces on a suicide list (with tanks getting them first probably))

Last edited by anoxor on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:16 pm 
Ropetown

Shaladen wrote:
I am sure whatever you guys come up with work just fine. People need to realize no matter which method you go with, SOME people will always feel cheated/neglected/skipped whatever.

Loot Council~ Consisted of 5-7 People who would vote regarding recent loot gained, attendance, attitude, skill. Worked fine most of the time. Long process per boss during new content.

Ropetowns DKP~ I came late into the content with most if not all loot drops my class needed for mainspec, so I honestly never really saw how it works. But seems speedy and accurate.
I noticed almost everyone is -DKP...why or how this is I don't understand but again not really worried about how loot goes out.

My only suggestion is the suicide list for tokens. Tanks should get priority (if everyone feels they need it also to handle the content) but with that said blizz also said bosses wont be 2 shotting tanks if they get no heals, and wont one shot raid members for the most part. More or less people will be dying to avoidable damage, and other omg don't stand there mechanics. I digress, Suicide list how it was, was annoying how person A could stay at the number one slot even tho they went afk for weeks. They come back for a Tuesday raid 3 weeks later and get a token instantly. My suggestion would be to do a list like this.

Conq token
1.Shaladen
2.VX
3.Cruel
4.Verty
5.Flay
so on and so on

Shaladen misses a token drop. (afk, rl, power out, dog ate my internet, whatever)
VX receives token.
1. Cruel
2. Shal
3. Verty
4. Flay
5. BCJ
so on and so on

So maybe something like every token you are away for you get skipped, plus drop 1 rank.

TL;DR

Every token drop a person is absent for they obviously get skipped. But also drop down 1 position.

I think thats a good idea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:23 pm 
Ropetown

i like what most people have said. i think the proposed suicide list change is good too. as long as people are accountable for their play the guild will become stronger.

i know a lot of people have issues with the merit system and the whole notion of fuckup points but to me the system just provides a quick snapshot of someone's recent raiding performance (attendance, how many items received, how many BLUNDERS made). it's no different than the current loot council methods other than the fact that the officers have a means of quickly assessing 2 or 3 people's raiding performance for a piece of gear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:39 pm 
Ropetown

Its been a crappy day, so this is going to be a rant post.

PLEASE do some DKP for wipes. 1 day ICC HM clear provided 100% of the weeks DKP and then 2 more days where we can barely fill a raid (phreakout) with 0 DKP awarded or penalized. Since we are getting all the gear FOR THE REASON TO TRY TO KILL THE BOSS WE ARE WIPING ON, its dumb to not award/penalize for not being there for that.

So, for 1 day ICC HM clear and 2 days LK HM. Give something like 50% of the DKP for tuesday and 50% for the other 2 days or something (penalize DKP for not showing up).

Also, what was nice about loot council was that raiders knew if you wiped the raid your less likely to get loot. People failing @ shadow traps for a month was STUPID. Our final set of attempts for a night would be good b/c ppl would try (knowing that this is the last shot this week/tonight to kill this boss). PPL goofing off, afking, and not paying attention really screws us, and I haven't seen us recruit for a possition thats already filled and sit the current raider. There really is no penalty for not being there 100% for every pull. Its totally ok to drink, come unprepared, or be watching TV on a progression night. You won't lose your raid spot or dkp. You might not get the trinket you wanted first, but you'll get it eventually.

/agree with ces. Something stricter. PPL who are there 100% every pull burn out or get pissed wiping to shadow traps to someone who isn't prepared or not focusing. I understand this is weird for me to say b/c I left for several months, but I had to b/c of my wife's schedule change and I was burned out watching ppl FAIL @ LOS ON SINDRAGOSA and SHADOW TRAPS ARE HARD when you should have a timer AND a warning AND its called out on vent. The 2nd and 5th valcs are legitimately hard to do on LK HM and require EVERYONE to have 100% attention. Shadow traps and LOSing are easy mechanics.

Also, did I miss something. Are there F**Kup pts?

Really, the only difference between us currently and a top 10 guild is that every member in a top 10 guild is giving 110% every pull. Either b/c thats what they want to do OR they will get replaced if they are wiping the raid. There needs to be a mechanism to keep raiders accountable. The roster runs tight enough that you can only show up on tuesdays and spam afk/watch tv and still get raid spots and gear.

edit: /agree with yakub too. It kills the morale of the guild. It sucks when vent is filled with officers calling ppl bad all night. There has to be something though

Last edited by anoxor on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:06 pm 
Ropetown

thats exactly why i don't think fuck up points are a good idea. all it's going to do is make someone angry because they hit one trap and got a demerit meanwhile vulturex and yakub have each hit half a dozen traps and they don't have as many demerits as player A thinks they deserve. i doubt you could even give vulture a demerit that he did not agree with. he would just hold up the entire raid indefinitely with his whining until it got changed.

plus i just don't think calling out people works to make them better players. i remember sancus explaining that this was the reason why he didnt call people out more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:24 pm 
Ropetown

There is way more difference between us and a top 10 guild than just people in a raid trying harder. I can't figure out a way to point out what makes them "better" without likely insulting someone (or myself) though, so I'll just skip to what makes THIS guild better; a more laid back atmosphere.

Having stricter rules and things like fuckup points would chip away at that a great deal and that isn't something to be taken as lightly as it seems that it is!

Lets hug it out broskis

Oh, you are right about DKP for wipe nights being a good thing though, I was going to rant about that and forgot since its been awhile since we've had any

Also, idea: we keep recruiting so that when someone is fucking up we just sit them. And then they won't want to fuck up. It's hard to dock someone you can't replace

Last edited by Gape on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:25 pm 
Ropetown

1. no one knows they have a fuck up point, only the officers. (if you cause a wipe though, good bet you got one)
2. fuckup points 'degrade' every 60 days just like item points

regarding my proposed AMS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:29 pm 
Ropetown

happycheese wrote:
1. no one knows they have a fuck up point, only the officers. (if you cause a wipe though, good bet you got one)

But then it couldn't be leveraged towards loot, or it would expose the fuck-ups. Unless it's on loot counciled items like trinkets, where it's already taken into account since that is the very nature of loot council

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:43 pm 
Ropetown

yeah, look at it this way: if someone fucks up a lot, they're going to be compelled to fix how they're playing, because they can be replaced.

a lot of our raiders are good players, but we need to trim the fat here. if you sit someone because they're sucking, they can either fix it, or never raid again. i understand that sounds terrible to do to someone, but at this point, if we're pushing to be number 1, you need to have that kind of attitude.

loot is another animal all together, i think some combo of the systems we've been talking about would work well. we could adjust values on what we've got, and then try to work some other things in there. i don't see the need for a complete overhaul however. if you do decaying DKP, then that alone probably would prevent a large amount of hording. that combined with fixed item costs would probably solve any problems we have. also, continue to loot council big ticket items (weapons, trinkets, etc) because that's very fair and would even incorporate some of the merit system elements (without having a ton of shit to track).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:16 pm 
vulture + lyra = shmoopy

Shaladen wrote:

Conq token
1.Shaladen
2.VX
3.Cruel
4.Verty
5.Flay
so on and so on

VX receives token.
1. Cruel
2. Shal
3. Verty
4. Flay
5. BCJ
so on and so on

TL;DR

I liked the other system where you simply dont gain rank in the suicide list if you're away. So, if you got to #1, you stay at #1 if you miss raids. But, you cant get your #1 drop, get put to the end of the list, then afk for 2 months and come back and be at #1 cuz everyone else in the list got their's too.

I dont want to be penalized if I make every single raid except for the one it actually drops on. I think you should just be penalized in general for missing a raid by simply not gaining rank in the suicide list. I mean, you dont gain dkp either if you're gone... why should you gain suicide rank too?

Also, the main reason we need to change dkp potentially is the standard "everyone that whores is useless until their shit drops" argument. I think other than that it's fine.

I would have bought like 8 things and been mega useful by the time we ACTUALLY got the first heroic DFO to drop. Bliz is partly at fault for making a single slot both rare and rediculously overpowered, requiring me to whore my dkp if I want it. And most dungeons wont exist for 11 months straight where we can guarantee everyone will eventually get one. I don't like whoring but blizzard requires it; I think if we can come up with a system that either fixes it or mitigates it then we will be better off as a guild. The entire point is to improve the guild by getting loot (instead of passing it) so we can get world 1st's or whatever as opposed to... not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next