Ropetown

Is wheel a curse?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Ropetown FAQ
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:43 pm 
warrior jesus

1. Can I join <Ropetown> as a casual, as a PvPer, or as a friend?
    No, sorry! We only add new members who are raiders. While we do have a rank for casuals, each and every one of them was at one point a raider and they have earned a permanent place here. We also don't allow friends, significant others, or spouses of raiders in the guild.

2. Why do you keep applications private?
    There are two main reasons behind this. First, many applicants understandably don't want to risk their current guild finding out that they are looking for a new guild. Second, we want all members of <Ropetown> to have a safe place to express themselves fully about an applicant or trial. If we find any significant problems with our trials' performance we make them aware of it.

3. Why is your application so long?
    In short: because we care. We want the guild to maintain a fun atmosphere. We want mature members who are capable of taking responsibility for their actions, and always striving to play better than their best. We want people who want to be in <Ropetown>, because those are the people who will succeed in our guild. Our application is designed to allow us to determine whether you fit these criteria and others we deem important, such as being able to press your buttons in the correct order and avoiding fire!

4. Do you have a vent interview? Can I have a vent interview instead of submitting a written application?
    We do not interview applicants. We believe our application process is thorough enough to determine all necessary information without actually seeing you play in our own raids. Our officers prefer to communicate through email (roperecruit@gmail.com), but occasionally we can be convinced to arrange a vent conversation.

5. What are your raids and guild culture like? Can I listen to a raid on vent?
    Our raids are fun! We enjoy joking around, and we don't believe it's necessary to have a tense or very strict environment in order to be a well-progressed guild. In the majority of cases we will not allow you to join us for a raid on Ventrilo before joining.

We are interested in progressing as quickly as we are able, so we believe it's important to hold people accountable for mistakes. We do not deduct DKP, punish, or shame people for mistakes (some teasing may occur!), but we do like to know who messed up, why it happened and whether they are aware of it, as well as what needs to change in order for it not to happen again in the future. Repeatedly making the same mistake may cause you to be sat for a fight, but we usually give applicants many chances to redeem themselves. We don't enjoy having to comb through logs to find out who wiped us, so it's easier for everyone - and you will earn our respect - if you own your mistakes when you are aware of them. If you tend to get defensive about your mistakes and criticism, or enjoy making excuses, this is probably not the guild for you.

We don't like drama. If you cause drama or drama somehow seems to always follow you, please find a guild that only cares about raids and not about maintaining a friendly and cohesive community.

6. Who are your officers and how long have they been playing?
    • Our Guild Master, raid leader, and main tank is Durnk (aka Zigg). He has been playing since Vanilla Alpha and has been the GM of <Ropetown> since it was formed on live servers except for a brief break at the end of TBC.
    • Dobdob is our off tank and an officer. He joined <Ropetown> early in Molten Core as a priest. He was made an officer just before ICC was released.
    • Stenhaldi joined <Ropetown> during T11 progression, and was made an officer at the beginning of T13.
    • Taint joined <Ropetown> during T11 progression, and was made an officer at the beginning of T13.

7. "My last guild told me they had only 1 [class/spec], but after I transferred it turned out they actually had 4!" How many of [class/spec] do you REALLY have?
    Exactly as many as we tell you that we have. We are not willing to purposely waste your time and money. If we recruit more of your class after you join, it is not necessarily with the intent of replacing you or sitting you from every raid.

8. "I heard you guys over-recruit and have a huge bench! Confirm/deny?!"
    This is false. We always keep a very small raid roster and we do not recruit for bench positions. In most cases, you can expect to have 80-95% raid time, depending on comp requirements on various fights, your performance and awareness, and amount of time spent with us. This does not mean that seniority trumps everything, but logically it makes sense to bring in a player who has proved they are skilled time and again over someone who is unproven for progression.

9. "I heard you guys are huge assholes and elitists! Confirm/deny?!"
    I would say this is false, but that will be something you will have to judge for yourself. The vast majority of people who have spent time in our guild have been very happy with our atmosphere, but you can't please everybody! If you contact Elenya she can give you the names of several raiders who would be happy to answer questions about this and many other things. None of these people are told what to say, and they can offer you a variety of perspectives from someone who is a fairly new member, to veterans of many years.

10. "How often do your raids run late? Do you ever add extra days? I have to wake up for work at 6am and I really can't raid past 1am!"
    Sometimes our raids run late if we are close to a progression kill. This is at the discretion of our raid leader. If you need to wake up early and must leave, simply inform us of that if the situation arises. In the event that we must cancel a scheduled raid, we will usually reschedule on Monday. Occasionally, we will add a fifth raid on Monday at the discretion of the raid leader. This usually only happens if we are very close to a progression kill, and/or have some normal mode fights to clean up.

11. What does Ropetown mean, anyway?
    Sorry, clearance level 13 is required to access that information.

If you have any other questions about our guild please contact Durnk, Dobdob, Stenhaldi, or Taint in-game, PM Ziggurat on the Ropetown forums, or email us at roperecruit@gmail.com!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]